Join this half day tour to Cape Sounion and experience a breathtaking sunset at the unique temple of Poseidon, the God of the Seas in ancient Greece. The tour starts with a wonderful drive along the Athens Rivera. During this relaxing ride you’ll enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing through some of Athens’ most beautiful suburbs, including Hellinikon Olympic complex, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza.
Arriving at the Cape Sounion, you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with its magnificent panoramic view of the Aegean Sea (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands). Cape Sounion has long played an important part in Greek mythology and history, and the first recorded mention of it occurs in the Odyssey, as the last safe landing before Poseidon scattered the returning Greek navy. As god of the sea, Poseidon was very important for ancient Greeks, and the scale of the Temple at Cape Sounion reflects that.
After visiting the Temple, filled from the beauty, the history and the culture of this site we will wait to admire one of the most amazing sunsets you could ever imagine. And when the sun begins to slowly touch the sea it is the perfect moment for a sparkling glass of wine, before returning back to your hotel.Highlights
- Breathtaking sunset views
- Guided visit of the Temple of Poseidon
- Panoramic views of the Aegean sea & its islands
- Pass by some of the most expensive and highly rated areas of Athens
- A relaxing ride with splendid views
per adult / teenager28,50 €
per child (4-12 yrs)FREE
for infants (0-3 yrs)Discounts
- Discount Code for Second Tour (SNDT): 5% discount for booking a second tour
- Discount Code for Families & Groups (FMD): 5% discount to families/groups with 4 or more paying members
- Discount Code for Groups with Second Tour (SNDT+4): 10% discount to families or groups (4 or more paying members) booking more than one tours
For more information on discounts & special rates please read the FAQ ABOUT AWTInclusions
- Entrance tickets
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
This is a third party activity
so please read the THIRD PARTY ACTIVITY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- The tour takes place every Tuesday, Friday & Saturday.
- The tour does not take place on the public Holidays: 25 & 26 December, New Year's Day, Good Friday (before 12:00), Easter Day, May 1st and March 25, the Greek Independence Day.
- Our tours take place in all weather, rain or shine.