Route to Argolis and Itinerary
You leave Athens westwards and you take a scenic drive, along the coastal road of the Saronic Gulf. In about one hour and twenty minutes you reach the Corinth Canal
where you make a short stop for refreshments and also to admire the Canal which connects the two Greek Seas -The Aegean and the Ionian Sea.
In about one hour drive you will come to the ancient city of Mycenae
home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon
. You will visit the Treasury of Atreus
(Tomb of Agamemnon
), the Mycenaean Citadel
with the Cyclopean Walls
and the Lionesses Gate.
After lunch a scenic drive through the fertile Argolic valley
of orange and lemon groves will bring you to the picturesque town of Nafplio
where you make a short stop to admire the Palamidi
and Acronauplia Hills
as well as the Bourtzi island
in the middle of the port (on Tuesday/Thursday departures, only
In about 40 minutes drive you reach Epidaurus
; This world heritage listed city is reputed to be the birthplace of Apollo's son Asklepios, the healer, and was the most celebrated healing center of the classical world.
Epidaurus is probably most famous for its theatre, one of the best preserved classical Greek buildings and still used today due to its amazing acoustics.
You depart for Athens which is a good two and a half hour drive including a refreshments’ stop on the way. You arrive to Athens in the late afternoon.TIMETABLE FOR GROUP TOUR
Βook Now the Argolis Tour WITH LUNCH
- From Apr 1 to Oct 31 every Monday & Saturday (no Nafplio visit) and Tuesday & Thursday (with Nafplio short visit)
- From Nov 1 to Mar 31 every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
Departure: 08:30 AM (approximately) Return: 19:00 PM (approximately)
per adult - without lunch50 €
per child (4-16 yrs) - without lunchFREE
for infants (0-3 yrs)Βook Now the Argolis Tour WITHOUT LUNCH114 €
per adult with lunch 57 €
per child (4-16 yrs) with lunchFREE
for infants (0-3 yrs)Βook Now the Argolis Tour WITH LUNCHDiscounts
- Discount Code for Second Tour (SNDT): 5% discount for booking a second tour
- Discount Code for Families & Groups (FMD): 5% discount to families/groups with 4 or more paying members
- Discount Code for Groups with Second Tour (SNDT+4): 10% discount to families or groups (4 or more paying members) booking more than one tours
For more information on discounts & special rates please read the FAQ ABOUT AWTInclusions
Guide, Transfers, Entrance tickets
Lunch*, Gratuities (optional), Drinks
This is a third party activity
so please read the THIRD PARTY ACTIVITY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tours do not take place on the public Holidays: 25 & 26 December, New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Day, May 1st and March 25, the Greek Independence Day.
- Our tours take place in all weather, rain or shine.