When all the masses of tourists are long gone, join an amazing sunset tour that undoubtedly will be the highlight of your entire Meteora visit.
This tour will take you on a late afternoon visit to discover the hidden gems of this place. Allow the locals to guide you through the winding narrow roads of Meteora to places away the beaten tourist paths. Sunset tour begins with a visit to one of the monasteries, Agios Stefanos or Roussanou on the rocks. Then we will guide you to the oldest standing monument of our place, the Byzantine church of Virgin Mary
located at the town of Kalambaka. A church made in the early Christian period with ancient marbles embedded on its walls, telling the town's long history of 27 centuries. Visit the thousand years old hermitages of Bandovas
, learn the stories and the legends and enjoy great views from the most panoramic spots.
And as the sun slowly begins to descent, getting ready to touch the mountain ridges we'll bring you high up on the rocks of Meteora, on a magical spot to enjoy the most captivating sunset views. Up there, sitting on the edges of cliffs you will feel the cool evening breeze as it passes through this out of this world landscape. Let your heighten senses explore moment by moment the dimming of the daylight and the vividness of the sunset colors on the earth and the sky above. A perfect way to end a beautiful day at Meteora with an awe-inspiring tour to be remembered forever!
This is a third party activity
so please read the THIRD PARTY ACTIVITY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Seasonal Start/End Time of the Tour
- Starting time:
- 14:00 (January 1st - February 28th)
- 15:00 (March 1st – March 25th)
- 15:30 (March 26th – April 15th)
- 16:00 (April 16th – April 30th)
- 16:30 (May 1st – August 23rd)
- 16:00 (August 24st – September 16th)
- 15:00 (September 17st – October 28th)
- 14:00 (October 29th - December 31st)
- The tour duration is 4 hours.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Any participants under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian present to sign on their behalf.
- Wear closed toed shoes.
- The monasteries have a strict dress code; men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts trousers and shirts will be provided.
- There are many beautiful sights. You are encouraged to bring a camera along.
- Weather will not affect the operation of the tours. However, if canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- The tours do not take place on the public Holidays: 25 December, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Good Friday (before 12:00), Easter Sunday, May 1st and March 25, the Greek Independence Day.