We are fully committed to eco-tourism with respect for the environment and the local traditions! Join this amazing guided hiking tour and walk among the gigantic rock pillars of Meteora to enjoy truly breathtaking views!This third party activity is subject to 50% cancellation fees for cancellations received within 5 days of the day of the tour departure. If the tour is canceled less than 24 hours before the time it begins, we don't offer any refund. NOTE: Refunds take place max 4 weeks after the cancellation date and 3% commission is kept for credit card refunds if you cancel the tour. If the tour is cancelled by us, no commission is kept and you are entitled to a full refund.
The hiking tour of Meteora is one of the best ways to enjoy this unique geological phenomenon and to learn the history of an UNESCO World Heritage Site. By joining this morning hike you will walk through hidden trails that only locals know. Let us take you on a journey back in time following the footsteps of the first monks who arrived here more than 15 centuries ago. Experience nature at its best and enjoy great views other visitors will never get to see!
The hike begins from the foothills of Doupiani rock, beneath the old ruins of Pantokrator monastery. It then crosses through the immense rock formations to reach the northern side of Meteora. Over that side you'll discover the hidden monastery of Ypapanti and the ruins of St. Dimitrious. Listen to the stories and the legends behind each place you pass along the trail and the thousand years of history will become alive through the exciting narrative of our local mountain guides!
Visit the monasteries of Great Meteoron or Varlaam and then you'll climb down the old footpath the monks used for centuries before the construction of roads for the last part of this marvelous hike.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Any participants under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian present to sign on their behalf.
- Wear closed toed shoes.
- The monasteries have a strict dress code; men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts trousers and shirts will be provided.
- There are many beautiful sights. You are encouraged to bring a camera along.
- Weather will not affect the operation of the tours. However, if canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- The tours do not take place on the public Holidays: 25 December, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Good Friday (before 12:00), Easter Sunday, May 1st and March 25, the Greek Independence Day.