Take this comprehensive half day morning Tour in Meteora and discover the astonishing Meteora through the eyes and the narrative of the locals!
Visit 3 main monasteries of Meteora and discover the natural beauty and the cultural heritage of this area. This morning tour will take you back in the dark ages and the story of the first hermits and monks who laid the foundations of what later on became the monastic community of Meteora. Learn which monastery was the first to be established and the true motivations behind the monks’ decision to try to climb the steep rocks of Meteora and to build there the monasteries. Learn everything, see everything. And then we will take you to the most beautiful spots for amazing views and photos! And if you’re wondering that this will be all we have prepared for you, think again! Imagine that millions of tourists visit every year the site of Meteora and most of them are coming and going completely unaware of one of the most important prehistoric sites not only to Greece but for the entire world, with archeological findings dating all the way back to 130,000 BC!
This is a third party activity
so please read the THIRD PARTY ACTIVITY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Any participants under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian present to sign on their behalf.
- Wear closed toed shoes.
- The monasteries have a strict dress code; men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts trousers and shirts will be provided.
- There are many beautiful sights. You are encouraged to bring a camera along.
- Weather will not affect the operation of the tours. However, if canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- The tours do not take place on the public Holidays: 25 December, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Good Friday (before 12:00), Easter Sunday, May 1st and March 25, the Greek Independence Day.